Marble has raised a $2M seed round! Read about it on Geekwire.
Managing tenants can be a tough job. As a landlord, you want to ensure everyone is following the rules. Still, you also want to create an environment of mutual respect. So how do you achieve both? Here are five creative ways to manage your tenants and help keep everyone happy.
1. Establish Clear Communication Policies: Clear communication policies are vital when managing tenants. Ensure your tenants know how to get in touch with you and what type of information they should include in their messages (i.e., full name, address, etc.). This will also help ensure that all communication is organized and efficient. Additionally, be sure to respond promptly to any inquiries so that your tenants know their concerns are being heard and addressed in a timely manner.
2. Use Technology for Easy Payments: Technology can be a great tool for managing tenant payments. Setting up an online portal where tenants can easily pay rent or submit maintenance requests can help streamline the process. It also makes it easier for both parties involved. Additionally, this helps ensure that payments are made on time and that no one has to worry about missing a payment due date.
3. Get to Know Your Tenants: Knowing your tenants on a personal level can go a long way to managing them effectively. Take the time to get acquainted with each tenant individually. Ask them about their interests, hobbies, etc., and any questions or concerns about living on your property. Knowing more about each tenant’s needs allows you to meet their requirements better. It creates an atmosphere of trust between both parties involved.
4. Show Appreciation: Letting your tenants know that you appreciate them is essential to effective management practices. After all, without them, there would be no rental property! Show your appreciation by sending thoughtful cards or gifts on special occasions such as birthdays or holidays. You can also offer discounts or incentives for paying rent early; or recognize good behavior by offering rewards such as gift cards or movie tickets!
5. Utilize Review Sites & Social Media Platforms: Utilizing review sites and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., is another great way to keep track of how satisfied (or unsatisfied) your tenants are with their living situation in real-time – not only does this allow you immediate access into feedback from renters but it also provides potential customers with insight into what kind of landlord/property manager they could potentially be dealing with if they choose to rent from you!
Conclusion: Managing tenants do not have to be complicated. By following these five simple tips, landlords everywhere can create an environment of mutual respect while ensuring everyone follows the rules of the rental agreement! By establishing clear communication policies, utilizing technology for easy payments, getting to know each tenant individually, showing appreciation for good behavior, and utilizing review sites & social media platforms – landlords everywhere can become masters at managing their rental properties!
Create your account for free and a Marble representative will walk you through everything.